Many of us news junkies are all about the roundups — daily, weekly, monthly — because how great it is to have a tidy package of content that says, “out of all the information your brain has processed lately, here’s what was important and what you might have missed.” That roundup is there for you!
Here at Offleash, we do our own variation on this with a weekly culture wrap-up that we send around the agency every Friday afternoon. With contributions ranging from pop culture happenings and recipes, to scientific discoveries and funny videos, it’s a fun and lighthearted way for us all to stay relevant on what’s buzzing around the Internet.
Here are some good nuggets from our culture wrap-ups for the month of October that you might have missed:
1. Yes, sitting in your chair is killing you. Here’s what you need to do to stop it.
2. A new documentary from Alexandra Pelosi explores how the digital gold rush in San Francisco is reshaping the city into a tech paradise.
3. Gloria Steinem – writer, activist, and organizer – released a new book titled My Life on the Road, a candid account of her live as a traveler, a listener, and a catalyst for change.
4. Get hyped for the release of the latest installment in the Star Wars saga with quirky Star Wars merch, including a Darth Vader shower head, Death Star ice cube trays, and more.
5. Why are old women so often cast as the villain in fairy tales and folklore?
6. The football hasn’t changed much in the past few decades. That’s about to change. The NFL is looking to a future where the football is connected – and undeflatable.
7. The most important thing happening in the world today is something you almost never read about – a stunning decline in poverty, illiteracy, and disease.
8. Babies do the darndest things. Here’s a short video of a baby fake crying to prank her dad while he tries to trim her fingernails.
9. Don’t forget to be kind to yourself.
10. And incase you haven’t had your fill of Halloween yet – the 35 best horror movies of the decade so far.